As part of the program to celebrate the National Tourism Year 2019, the Tien Cong Festival highlighted typical cultural values of Quang Yen town, local people’s tradition of reclaiming land from the sea and developing marine economy as well as praised the family lineage worshipped at Tien Cong Temple.
|At the event. (Photo: qtv.vn)|
The festival highlight was a ceremony to honor old-aged people, who led a large procession and carried the palanquin (the symbol of the worshipped god) to the temple.
During the festival, many cultural, art and sport activities such as card games, chess, Cheo (traditional opera) and Quan Ho (love duet) singing and swinging were also held.
Translated by Duc Nguyen
- Con Son-Kiep Bac Autumn Festival honors national heroes
- Se expande el Festival de Indios Nativos Americanos en Hastings
- Hawaiian guitar master Cyril Pahinui will headline the E Hula Mau Festival in Long Beach
- Looking Back on Dec. 22
- Vietnam War vet was wounded twice, awarded 2 Purple Hearts
- 1er Congreso de Ron en Miami 2019 seducirá paladares con rones mundialmente reconocidos
- Names we won’t forget: Famous people who died in 2018
- El Minden Opera House decora para la temporada Navideña
- New Year's Eve Performers, Schedule 2018: Times Square, Hollywood, New Orleans, Las Vegas
- The 21 Best Events in Denver, November 13-19