WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW … PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP on CBS’ “FACE THE NATION” with MARGARET BRENNAN: — ON SENATE REPUBLICANS OPPOSING HIS FOREIGN POLICY: BRENNAN: “The Senate Republicans voted, the vast majority of them said that they don’t support what you’re doing. That what you’re doing risks national intelligence by a precipitous withdrawal from Syria and Afghanistan. Doesn’t that concern you?”TRUMP: “I ran against 17 Republicans. This was a big part of what I was saying, and I won very easily. I think the people out in the world — I think people in our country agree. We’ve been fighting for 19 years. Somebody said you were precipitously bringing to – precipitously? We’ve been there for 19 years. I want to fight. I want to win, and we want to bring our great troops back home. “I’ve seen the people. I go to Walter Reed Hospital. I see what happens to people. I see with no legs and no arm – arms. And I’ve seen also what happens to them up here because they’re in this situation, and they come back and they are totally different people — where the wives and the fathers and the mothers say, ‘What… Read full this story
- Playbook: Trump and DOJ in staredown
- Trump attacks 'disgraceful' former CIA director John Brennan hours before swearing-in first woman to the role
- Trump’s Sunday morning Twitter tirade
- Playbook: Senior North Korean official expected to travel to U.S.
- Giuliani says Trump might not comply with a subpoena, and says Cohen might’ve paid off more women
- Playbook: Haspel on the Hill today, after reports that she offered to withdraw her nomination
- Playbook scoop: What State is telling embassies about Jerusalem
- POLITICO London Playbook: Crisis in Italy — Abortion vote fallout — Hunt plan
- Trump ignores White House's secure phone rules because they are 'inconvenient', says report
- The British ambassador to the U.S. thinks Trump won’t gut the Iran deal
POLITICO Playbook: Trump speaks to Margaret Brennan ahead of the Super Bowl have 317 words, post on www.politico.com at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.