THE PRESIDENT’S WEEK … Monday: PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP will lunch with VP MIKE PENCE before going to El Paso for a political rally. Tuesday: The president will hold a Cabinet meeting. Wednesday: TRUMP will host the president and first lady of Colombia for a meeting and working lunch. He will then speak at a conference of sheriffs. BREAKING THIS MORNING … DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS are saying that border security negotiations have broken down. — SENATE APPROPRIATIONS CHAIRMAN RICHARD SHELBY (R-Ala.) on “FOX NEWS SUNDAY”: “I think the talks are stalled right now. I’m hoping we can get off the dime later today or in the morning because time’s ticking away.” Shelby also said there are 50-50 odds they get a deal.HEATHER CAYGLE and MARIANNE LEVINE: “Although lawmakers were optimistic going into the weekend about reaching a border security deal and funding the government past Feb. 15, negotiators are now discussing a stopgap Homeland Security bill, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.“Democratic conferees planned to meet Sunday morning to discuss the next steps, according to a source familiar with the discussions.“The impasse in negotiations adds pressure on party leaders and the White House, who will have to step in… Read full this story
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump talks to POLITICO
- POLITICO Playbook: The first Mueller TV ad
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump’s two worlds
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Big Tech’s time in the barrel
- POLITICO Playbook: An impeachment surge
- POLITICO Playbook: A gutting few weeks for the GOP
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Elizabeth Warren’s lucky debate draw
- POLITICO Playbook: Trump reignites battle with The Squad
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Trump sends troops to the Middle East
- POLITICO Playbook: Will Trump get the 4th he wanted?
POLITICO Playbook: BREAKDOWN: Talks to keep government open stall, with deadline just days away have 276 words, post on www.politico.com at February 10, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.