Gareth Bale’s winner vs Levante only served to reignite the debate about his problems at Real Madrid. © AFP Even Gareth Bale’s match-winning goal against Levante only served to reignite the debate about his problems at Real Madrid. After coming off the bench, yet again, Bale converted a controversial penalty to secure a barely deserved 2-1 league victory on Sunday. Bale refused to celebrate his 78th-minute winner. Stony-faced, he brushed off the congratulations of teammates. His reaction drew only ambivalent backing from his manager and ferocious criticism in the Spanish press. “He won us the game,” said coach Santiago Solari. “The players can celebrate goals how they want, as long as they score.”It was “an ugly gesture”, said the Spanish press.With two Clasicos coming up against Barcelona, in the Cup on Wednesday and La Liga on Saturday, the 29-year-old Welshman could find himself again a backup in the season which offered a chance to fill the starring role opened by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.Karim Benzema and Bale were expected to take over as attacking leaders, but only the Frenchman, who has scored 20 goals in 40 appearances, seems to have embraced the responsibility.Bale has a taste for the big… Read full this story
- El Clasico concerns for Real Madrid as Modric, Bale sit out training
- Lisa Rinna poses in pink lingerie to draw attention to a cause close to her heart: 'Both my Mom and my sister are breast cancer survivors'
- Preview: La Liga returns with Barca in Eibar and Real Madrid in Mallorca
- Network Marketing Free - Systematically and Effectively Build a Real Business Online
- Charlyn Corral gives Atlético Madrid upper hand against Manchester City
- How to Keep a Happy Marriage Through All Life's Struggles
- The Best Fake Soccer In The World Is Played Right Here In The USA
- Who Will Win the Premier League?
- Fantasy Soccer - Summer Transfer Window - Part 1
- We ARE hypocrites! Extinction Rebellion's celeb fans such as Jude Law, Lily Cole and Poppy Delevingne admit to double standards over their globetrotting 'high carbon lives'
Gareth Bale's "Belligerence" Draws Attention To His Real Madrid Struggles have 338 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.