As Slimming World turns 50, we speak to five people whose inspiring stories span the past five decades….. 1970s ‘I’ve been a member since the beginning’ Betty Oldknow, 86, is a Slimming World consultant. She lives in Alfreton, Derbyshire, with her husband, Arnold. As my sister Jessie and I walked into the scout hut in 1969, we weren’t sure what to expect. The whole concept of a slimming group was new. With a friend’s wedding approaching, both of us were feeling frumpy and thought it was worth finding out more. We’d already tried to lose weight by ourselves, without much luck. So we joined the room full of people, feeling slightly nervous. But as I listened to our welcoming consultant Margaret explain her slimming philosophy, I started to think my two shillings and sixpence weekly fee — around 12p in today’s money — was going to be a good investment. Going to group became a real highlight of my week, with lots of friends laughing together. And we soon started losing weight. We learnt a lot about food and how to fill up on the ingredients best for weight loss. I lost 2st, felt full of confidence at the wedding,… Read full this story
- The Shocking Truth About Some Before- and After- Weight-Loss Success Story Photos
- Weight Loss Success Story: Loida Fraijo
- Carrie Fisher on Her 50 Lbs Weight Loss, Unhealthy Coca-Cola Habit and Affair With “Star Wars” Co-Star Harrison Ford
- Weight-Loss Success: Autumn Mastroianni
- The Key to Weight-Loss Success That Has Absolutely Nothing to Do with Diet or Exercise
- Weight-Loss Success Story: 'I'm Comfortable In My Skin'
- Your Recipe For Weight Loss Success: Passion
- Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss Secrets – Diet and Workout are Fuel To Success
- War Dogs Star Jonah Hill’s Weight Loss Success Due to Dedicated Workout and Diet
- Weight Loss Success Story: How One Woman Feels "Unstoppable" After Shedding Almost 100lbs
Celebrating 50 years of weight loss success from diet pros Slimming World have 305 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 24, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.