MILAN (AP) — Milan Fashion Week promised to be a running tribute to Karl Lagerfeld, who died Tuesday as collateral events got unde way. French designer Jean Charles de Castelbajac, who made his debut as creative director for the iconic Italian knitwear fashion company Benetton, said he hoped to emulate at Benetton what Lagerfeld did at Fendi and Chanel: Keep himself in the background “to reveal the DNA of the houses. “If I can do that as well with Benetton, I will be happy,” de Castelbajac said. Lagerfeld was a Milan Fashion Week mainstay as Fendi’s creative director, a position he had held since 1965. Fendi’s latest womenswear collection will be shown Thursday. Highlights from Tuesday: ___ BENETTON MAKES MILAN RUNWAY DEBUT Benetton, the Italian fashion brand famous for its colorful knits and provocative advertising campaigns in its 1990s heyday, is relaunching itself with the aim of attracting the trend-setting millennial who grew up with the brand as a shopping mall staple. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac’s inaugural collection aimed to tap the brand’s colorful past with bright primary shades while providing more updated branding messages with oversize United Colors of Benetton logos built in to trousers or jackets as panels, and… Read full this story
- 2020 Kia Telluride Makes Texas-Sized Debut At NY Fashion Week
- Milan fashion returning to runway in September - in part
- Serie A: Juve lose to Cagliari; Ibra stars in Milan win
- Inter Milan, Liverpool interested in signing Nicolo Barella from Cagliari
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s Vande Bharatam poster out, Sandip Ssingh says he will make film as a tribute
- When a teary-eyed Sushant Singh Rajput paid dance tribute to late mother, Ankita Lokhande had rushed to hug him. Watch
- Actor Chirag Patil pays a musical tribute to Dev Saab
- Howard Ashman gets a well-deserved tribute in the Disney+ doc 'Howard'
- Conor McGregor net worth: What is UFC star worth and how much did retired fighter make from MMA bouts?
- Gattuso eyes Barca shock in roller-coaster Napoli debut season
Benetton makes its Milan runway debut with Lagerfeld tribute have 324 words, post on apnews.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.