Belfast Giants’ strength lies in team unity, insists captain Blair Riley BelfastTelegraph.co.uk It’s Tuesday morning skate at the Dundonald Ice Bowl and the Belfast Giants are in good form. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/belfast-giants-strength-lies-in-team-unity-insists-captain-blair-riley-37856843.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37856963.ece/db79d/AUTOCROP/h342/v%20Cardiff_062%202.jpg Email It’s Tuesday morning skate at the Dundonald Ice Bowl and the Belfast Giants are in good form. David Rutherford aims a few verbal jabs at Kendall McFaull during a water break which are returned with interest by the grinning defenceman. When the action resumes, a brilliant save during powerplay drills from Stephen Murphy is roared on by all those on the ice, with fellow netminder Tyler Beskorowany leading the cheers by thumping the ice with his stick. As the day’s training winds to a close, Murphy and Andrew Dickson head to the opposite end of the ice and take turns shooting at the crossbar from between the face-off circles. Dickson rings the iron first and wheels away with his arms aloft in celebration. It’s all serious yet at the same time light-hearted, as you would expect after pulling level with the Cardiff Devils at the top of the Elite League table. But this isn’t solely down to the weekend’s double-header victory over Cardiff. This is how it always… Read full this story
- 'He is optimistic, determined and resilient': Boris Johnson's father Stanley believes PM has the strength to beat coronavirus as he reveals he is being kept in the dark about his son's condition
- Getting sick? That's for wimps! With titanic self-belief, Boris Johnson has always ignored illness, says author TOM BOWER, as he explains why a sense of his own invincibility lies at the heart of all the PM’s strengths and flaws
- He is risen! Delighted reaction of Boris Johnson's family as it's revealed 'exhausted but euphoric' PM is recovering in hospital with his favourite Tintin cartoon books - as friends reveal how close to death he came
- Boris Johnson's half-brother Max slams his coronavirus care at Downing Street as a 'shambles' and claims medics 'did not mask up and examine him for 10 days' - as PM recovers reading Tintin books
- Britain's coronavirus deaths surge past grim 10,000 milestone - even as death and infection rates drop: Further 737 people die taking total to 10,612 as cases rise by 5,288 to 84,279
- Which experimental drugs could Prime Minister Boris Johnson be given in intensive care?
- Coronavirus live updates: Global infection numbers top 2 million
- Coronavirus live updates: California small businesses get $20.9 billion in loans
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco announces dramatic expansion of contact tracing
- Bundesliga transfers: Havertz, Werner, Sancho — will they stay or will they go?
Belfast Giants' strength lies in team unity, insists captain Blair Riley have 448 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.