Two big companies might be getting serious about electric truck and SUV startup Rivian, luxury automakers fall behind "mainstream" ones in reliability, Tesla scrambles to send Model 3s to China and more for The Morning Shift of Wednesday, February 13, 2019. Advertisement 1st Gear: Rivian Gets A Big Boost Real talk: the next big thing in electric vehicle development is the pickup truck. We've had EV sedans, EV sports cars and a huge onslaught of EV crossovers are on their way, but the first automaker to figure out how to translate electric torque to towing, hauling and off-roading will be on to something huge. American startup automaker Rivian made waves last year with two concepts, the R1T truck and R1S SUV . Both aim to be the first EV truck and proper rugged SUV on the market, and founder R.J. Scaringe wants to back it up with Michigan know-how and production at a former Mitsubishi plant in Illinois. G/O Media may get a commission Intel Core i7-10700KA Processor (Avengers Special Edition) Buy for $250 at Newegg Use the promo code 63SMACL224 Rivian might be getting a big push soon, Reuters reported last night, with potential investments coming soon from Amazon… Read full this story
- Rivian R1T electric pickup to roll out June 2021 as Illinois factory sets up
- US states set goals to jump-start transition to EVs
- GMC teases electric Hummer, details revealed
- Tesla sues Rivian claiming employees stole trade secrets
- Tesla Sues Rival Rivian Claiming Employees Stole Trade Secrets
- In electric car market, it’s Tesla and a jumbled field of also-rans
- GM teases Hummer EV truck and SUV ahead of new late 2020 reveal date
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
- Tesla Accuses Rivian of poaching employees, stealing secrets
- Plant closings send GM to 2Q loss, but signs of improvement
Amazon and GM's Investment in Rivian Could Jump-Start The Electric Pickup Truck Game have 324 words, post on jalopnik.com at February 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.