Spoiler alert! The following contains details from “True Detective,” Season 3, Episode 1, “The War and Modern Memory” and Episode 2, “Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye,” both of which aired Sunday, Jan. 13. “True Detective” 2014’s debut was a perfect storm of elements for a zeitgeisty hit. It starred Matthew McConaughey in the middle of his ”McConnaissance,” in which the star rebranded himself from a stoner/rom-com love interest into a Serious Actor, with his Oscar-winning turn in “Dallas Buyers Club.” It was an early adopter of the limited-series formula that resets each season, and its ability to lure A-list talent like McConaughey and Woody Harrelson was also relatively novel. It was the big debut of director Cary Fukunaga, to whom many credit the brilliance of that first season. Its multiple-timelines story of death and abuse was grim, graphic and so much more adult than other detective shows. Its return in 2015 for Season 2 was wildly disappointing. Rachel McAdams, Vince Vaughn and Taylor Kitsch starred in a new chapter set among the rich and dirty SoCal set that was critically lambasted. It’s clear from the first moments of the newest season, which arrived with Sunday’s two-hour HBO premiere, that creator Nic Pizzolatto is trying to atone for Season 2. Season 3, starring Mahershala… Read full this story
- 'Moonlight' actor Mahershala Ali might lead 'True Detective' season 3
- 'True Detective' is back, so here's everything we know about season 3
- Rachel McAdams is good with a knife in Season 2 trailer for True Detective
- The Walking Dead’s mid-season premiere made for a heart-wrenching hour of television
- Lucy Liu will direct season 2 premiere of Netflix hit ‘Luke Cage’
- Amazon's 'Comrade Detective' sees plenty of 'A'-listers doing voiceover work
- Daredevil Season 2 Preview: Everything You Need To Know
- Marvel and Netflix move 'always forward' with second season of 'Luke Cage'
- ‘Game of Thrones’ recap: Season 6 finale cleans house in a most violent way
- Amazon teases Season 4 of ‘Transparent’ with new trailer
'True Detective' Season 3 premiere recap: Mahershala Ali brings the magic back, sort of have 313 words, post on www.coloradoan.com at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.