The football fever is gripping the Vietnamese supporters in the United Arab Emirates, where Vietnam will encounter giants at the AFC Asian Cup 2019 this month, as they are both eager for the games and buying tickets to enjoy them first-hand. Discussing Vietnam’s prospects at the tournament, seeking tickets to the matches, and arranging work so they can attend the games are now real business for many Vietnamese people in the UAE. The Vietnamese will clash with Iraq in Abu Dhabi on January 8, Iran in Abu Dhabi on January 12, and Yemen in Al Ain on January 16 in Group D. Iran are the title favorites while Iraq won the cup in 2007. Some got online to book tickets over a month ago but not all of them could purchase ones for Vietnam’s opening game against Iraq. The hosts sell tickets in person and online. It was thought that it was easier to book them online but everything proved so difficult for many Vietnamese in the UAE. Bank cards are required when it comes to buying electronic tickets but the majority of Vietnamese here are laborers and they do not have such plastic. These people have had to resort… Read full this story
- Women’s World Cup preview: Meet the teams
- Her Tears of Joy Celebrated the Resilience of a Battered Team
- North, South Korea to meet in 2022 men’s World Cup qualifiers
- Welcome to MLS, Sacramento! Don’t mind the red ink and other growing pains
- The day JFK became a member of Air Force's graduating class
- Nishino aims to make Thailand regional soccer power
- Whirlwind summer for U.S., Stanford soccer star Christen Press
- 'We’re naming our baby Alex Morgan'
- Western Kentucky basketball hit with multiple transfers
- From orange groves to university
Sports Vietnamese in UAE eager to cheer on national football team at Asian Cup Simplicity of life in Vietnam have 284 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 6, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.