RYANAIR is facing a number of strikes this month as cabin crew staff prepare to stage multiple walkouts — but the first date has been cancelled. Here is everything you need to know about the Ryanair January 2019 strikes. What were the Ryanair January 2019 strike dates? and why were they called off? Cabin crew in Spain called three strike days in January, on Tuesday 8, Thursday 10 and Sunday 13. The walkouts were called by the two unions, USO and Sitcpla, which claim Ryanair is “refusing to abide by the Spanish constitution” and provide work contracts according to Spanish law. However on Monday, January 7, the first walkout date was suspended. RTE reported that unions representing cabin crew in Spain had called off the first of three dates marked for walkouts. Purser Manuel Lodeiro who represents Sitcpla told AFP: ”Basically it is to give more opportunity for the negotiations to keep going.” Then on January 9 the rest of the dates were also called off. According to the unions, the strike days were cancelled following “an agreement reached in the early hours of the morning”. There has been no disruption on flights caused by these strike dates. When were the last Ryanair strikes?… Read full this story
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Woman 'Behaving Disruptively' Allegedly Assaults Cabin Crew
- High fitness, passenger 'homework' and beauty school: Emirates flight attendants reveal what it REALLY takes to get a job with the 'best cabin crew in the world'
- Weekend of strikes begin as Jetstar cancels more than 100 flights
- French strikes – easyJet, Ryanair and British Airways cancel more flights
- 100 Jetstar flights cancelled as pilots strike and more pain is expected before Christmas
- Dozens of Flights Cancelled at Berlin’s Airports Amid Strike (VIDEO)
- General election 2019: How Dennis Skinner lost his Bolsover seat
- Disneyland Paris dreams ruined for Brit tourists due to French strikes
- Breaking: British Airways cancels almost all flights as pilots strike
- Christmas strikes looming at London Southend Airport that could hit easyJet and Ryanair customers
Ryanair strike dates 2019 called off – why were cabin crew striking and will it still affect flights? have 320 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.