Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey on Monday delivered the first State of the State address of his second term. Ducey praised Arizona’s strong economy and job market, but said the state needs to save for the next economic downturn. The GOP governor is set to release his budget this week, but said it won’t include much new spending. He spoke of the state’s need to bolster its rainy-day fund. These are his full remarks as prepared for delivery: Chief Justice Bales, Members of the Legislature, Judiciary and fellow Arizonans — I am so honored to be back here today, and just like you, I am ready to get to work. 2018 brought a lot our way. Election years tend to do that for people in our business. Elections also bring change and new faces, as we see here today — and in government, that’s a really good thing. Let’s work together in the months ahead to transform our promises into progress for the state we all love. To all who were sworn in for the first time today, and to the other public servants who took the oath with me last week, congratulations and welcome. It wasn’t so long ago that… Read full this story
- Authorities believe body in Arizona lake is missing girl
- Arizona law means local minimum wage hikes may bear a cost
- Arizona girl Willa Rawlings' body found 2 weeks after storm surge swept her away
- Utah names Gila monster as its official state reptile
- NFL 2019: Kingsbury, Murray lead Cardinals into new era
- NHL Power Rankings: First look at 2019-20 season
- First-team All-Pac-12 WR won’t play in Arizona State’s bowl game
- Centre vs States: 5 CMs Refuse To Implement Citizenship Law; MHA Says 'They Have No Power'
- General election 2019: What happens after the results?
- General election 2019: Johnson to welcome new MPs to Westminster
Full remarks: Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's 2019 State of the State address have 300 words, post on www.azcentral.com at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.