President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan met Friday with Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, who is in Turkey for an official visit for the first time after taking office. The two leaders first came together at the Beştepe Nation Mosque for the Friday prayers, then arrived in the adjacent Presidential Palace Complex in Ankara for their meeting. The one-on-one meeting between Erdoğan and Khan lasted for two hours and 10 minutes, which was followed by a meeting between Turkish and Pakistani delegations. Following the meeting, the two leaders held a joint press conference, in which Erdoğan announced that Turkey, Pakistan and Afghanistan will hold a trilateral summit in Istanbul as soon as Turkish local elections are concluded in March. Khan said that the international community should help with the peace process in Afghanistan. “The people of Afghanistan have been suffering for over three decades. Pakistan is already helping dialogue between Taliban and Americans. I look forward to the summit meeting in Istanbul, where we hope that Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey will be able to help in this peace process,” Khan said. Turkish, Pakistani FMs meet in capital AnkaraTurkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu (R) and Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi. (AA Photo) Çavuşoğlu… Read full this story
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Saudi Arabia from April 28-30 on his maiden visit abroad
- Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif To Unveil Cabinet Today. PML-N To Get 14 Ministries, PPP 11: Report
- Pak's new PM quietly exchanges letters with Putin to 'strengthen ties'
- Turkey's Erdogan heads to rival Saudi Arabia to mend ties
- Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, son of late Pakistan PM Benazir Bhutto, becomes Pakistan's youngest Foreign Minister
- New Pakistan PM on 1st trip to Saudi amid political division
- Shahbaz meets Zardari, Bilawal ahead of crucial Parliament session to elect new Pak PM
- Pakistan Political Crisis highlights: Imran Khan loses trust vote, ousted as the Prime Minister
- Saudi Arabia’s bailout of Pakistan: how Islamabad went in and out of favour in Riyadh
- Pakistan Political Crisis Highlights: PML-N's Shehbaz Sharif files nomination for PM's post
Erdoğan, Pakistan’s PM Khan meet in Ankara, vow to strengthen ties have 335 words, post on www.dailysabah.com at January 4, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.