Newly-installed Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) is being criticized for an antisemitic tweet she posted on Sunday evening, accusing pro-Israel Americans of dual loyalty — a common theme used by antisemites to attack Jews. Tlaib tweeted in response to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who is opposing legislation targeting the “boycott, divestment, sanctions” (BDS) movement — itself widely considered antisemitic for singling out Israel.Sanders and far-left Democrats oppose the anti-BDS legislation because, they claim, it stifles freedom of speech and association — though the same Democrats often support censorship of conservatives on campus and in media. Many states — including far-left California — already have anti-BDS legislation, which typically does not prohibit boycotts of Israel but prevents state governments from doing business with those who participate in such boycotts. Sanders tweeted in response to an article at The Intercept, which was co-founded by Glenn Greenwald, a harsh critic of Israel. In response to Sanders, Tlaib tweeted, “They forgot what country they represent”: The comment has been widely condemned for evoking an old attack on American Jews — namely, that they are not loyal to the United States. Similar false claims were made about Jews in Europe during the early 20th century by… Read full this story
- Rashida Tlaib Calls Out Joe Biden, Says He 'Silenced Anita Hill' When She Tried to Speak Out About Clarence Thomas
- Ilhan Omar Blasted U.S. Three Days before Approving Resolution Upholding ‘American Freedom’
- No, Democrats Don’t Need a National Platform for the Midterms
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Democrats Over Abortion: ‘They’re Not Pro-Choice In Any Sense, They’re Pro-Abortion’
- ‘Maybe You Shouldn’t Even Want To Have Sex With Me’: Tlaib Rants About Sex At DC Abortion Rally
- Pelosi admonishes tweeting attacks on fellow Dems: Don't 'expect us to think that that is just ok'
- Cuban Democratic Socialists Rip AOC’s Democratic Socialists For Supporting The Cuban Regime: You’re Either Ignorant, Not Socialist Or Not Democratic
- Donald Trump launches furious all-capitals tweet calling impeachment 'AN ASSAULT ON AMERICA' after Nancy Pelosi opened full House debate before vote tonight saying president had given Democrats 'no choice' but to put him on trial
- Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden BOTH cancel rallies tonight in Cleveland and CNN nixes live audience for Sunday debate between two Democratic contenders
- Bernie Sanders faces a must-win Super Tuesday 2 as Michigan and five other states vote on day that could hand Joe Biden a knockout victory in the Democratic 2020 race
Democrat Rashida Tlaib Blasted for Antisemitic Tweet: ‘They Forgot What Country They Represent’ have 396 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 6, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.