Australian Open | Melbourne Novak Djokovic produced one of the great grand slam final performances to swat aside Rafael Nadal and become the first man to win seven titles at the Australian Open. The predictions had been for something akin to their near six-hour battle in the final here seven years ago but Djokovic had other ideas, taking just two hours and four minutes to claim a 6-3 6-2 6-3 victory and a 15th slam crown. The title, his first in Melbourne since 2016, separated him from the tie he was in with Roy Emerson and Roger Federer, while Djokovic is the first man ever to win three successive slam titles on three different occasions. Relive all the action… Live Updates New updates availableRefresh ES COVERAGE 2019-01-27T12:32:16.986Z Two weeks of incredible tennis in Australia and it’s all over, with Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka triumphing. Unfortunately, that’s it for now in terms of our LIVE tennis coverage. But there’s more post-match reaction to stew over.Head over to the sport homepage for the views of Nadal and Djokovic as they reflect on an entertaining final. 2019-01-27T11:25:25.556Z An emotional Djokovic goes on…”I want to say hi to my family, especially my wife and my… Read full this story
- Italian Open: Novak Djokovic Reaches His First Quarterfinal Of 2018
- French Open: After Two Decades, Roland Garros Conquers Greenhouse Effect
- French Open 2018: Former Champion Stan Wawrinka Knocked Out In 1st Round
- French Open: Alexander Zverev Main Threat To Rafael Nadal, Bids To End Germany's 81-Year Drought
- Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova Poised For French Open Last-16 Clash
- French Open 2018: Rafael Nadal favourite, no Andy Murray or Roger Federer, Serena Williams 'can win'
- The Latest: French Open play done for day because of rain
- Djoker gets past first hurdle
- Vasiliy Lomachenko TKOs Las Vegas' Jorge Linares in 10th
Australian Open LIVE! Djokovic beats Nadal have 303 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at January 26, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.