Back to nature, Devon In the Dart valley near Totnes, the Sharpham Trust meditation centre offers mindfulness retreats of different lengths throughout the year, including walking and singing breaks. Some are held in the estate’s mansion, others in the Barn Retreat nearby. For full immersion in the natural world, its Nature Connection retreat has accommodation in bell tents in the woods, with guided meditation and mindfulness activities, foraging and feasting on wild food.• Three-night meditation retreats from £145 full-board. Three-night Nature Connection retreat, 25 July, £335 full-board, sharphamtrust.org Meditation and singing, UK, various Wild Voice retreats combine meditation, singing, nature and adventure. The singing includes vocal workshops and outdoor choir sessions – participants don’t need to read music and no one has to sing a solo (phew!). Works range from classical pieces to pop songs, and everyone takes home a live recording. Mornings begin with meditation, yoga and tai chi, and outdoor activities might be kayaking, guided nature walks and campfire singsongs. There are three locations: a mansion in the Scottish Borders, a castle in Gloucestershire and a country estate near Stratford-upon-Avon. The first Wild Voice festival will take place this year in Northamptonshire (from £149, 31 May to 2… Read full this story
- The 10 Best Superhero Stories of 2018
- The 10 best cycling books
- The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies to Stream (May 2020)
- 10 best fans to help you stay cool during the UK heatwave
- The 10 best revolutionaries
- The 10 best school shoes you can buy for your kids in 2020
- Coronavirus: how many deaths and cases have there been in the UK?
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: Reopening schools in Europe 'has not been harmful', evidence shows
- Travel Industry Giants Urge UK Government to Drop Two-Week Quarantine for Arrivals
- UK Follows Trump’s Lead, 10,000 Health Workers to Trial Hydroxychloroquine as Preventative
10 of the best meditation retreats in the UK and Europe have 286 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.