News / Business by Press Association 19/12/2018, 7:43 am FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Virgin Atlantic has said that it is still considering whether to launch a takeover of regional airline Flybe. Virgin, part owned by Sir Richard Branson, first announced its interest last month. The group said on Wednesday that it “continues to review its options in respect of Flybe, including potentially making an offer. “Accordingly, discussions with Flybe and its management are continuing.” Virgin is thought to be vying with Stobart and British Airways to buy Flybe and is interested in its take-off and landing slots at London’s Heathrow Airport. The regional airline put itself up for sale in November after warning over profits earlier in the year. The Exeter-based carrier is battling challenging conditions in the airline industry and has suffered with falling demand and a £29 million hit from rising fuel costs and the weak pound. Flybe has 78 planes operating from smaller airports including London City, Southampton and Norwich, and flies to destinations across the UK and Europe. It carries around eight million passengers a year and Virgin would look to attract customers into its long-haul network via Flybe’s… Read full this story
- Eurostar Black Friday Deals: Paris, Lille or Belgium - travel for just £25
- Virgin Media Stream vs Virgin TV 360 vs Sky Glass vs Sky Q: Which Is The Best TV Box?
- Banks offering you free cash to help with cost of living - First Direct to Virgin Money
- Best Virgin Media Broadband Deals (July 2022): Full Fibre Internet From £25
- Inside F1 champion Max Verstappen’s £12m private jet that Red Bull star bought from Virgin tycoon Richard Branson
- 'Historic' Atlantic City casino pacts 'good for everyone'
- Europe's Fight to Save the Iran Deal Isn't Just About Diplomacy
- Theresa May sparks furious row after deal rant 'You tried to entrap us!'
- UK trade deal with US certain if Trump wins election, says commerce chief
- Keir Starmer has blood on his hands with Brexit disaster as Labour leader ‘killed’ deal
Virgin Atlantic still in talks over Flybe deal have 332 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.