COPENHAGEN, Denmark — A video that allegedly shows the killing of two Scandinavian university students in a remote part of Morocco’s Atlas Mountains is likely authentic, Norwegian police said Friday. Norway’s National Criminal Investigation Service has been investigating the footage circulating on social media. “There is no concrete evidence indicating the video is not real,” it said. Morocco’s general prosecutor also confirmed that a video in which the suspects swear allegiance to ISIS and threaten to carry out attacks is authentic, CBS News correspondent Holly Williams reports. Commenting on that video, the NCIS said that “neither Norway nor Denmark was mentioned in the video, nor was there anything specific about what action they should perform.”Four men have been detained in Morocco, and authorities there consider the killings of two female students to be a terrorist act. The women from Norway and Denmark had been hiking, and two French hikers discovered their bodies discovered Monday with stab wounds in their necks, Williams reports. The women have been identified as 24-year-old Louisa Vesterager Jespersen of Denmark and 28-year-old Norwegian citizen Maren Ueland. They lived in southern Norway, where they attended university.The NCIS said it was trying to map the women’s activities before… Read full this story
- Jury deliberates in college student's fatal stabbing
- Slain Barnard College Student's Virginia Hometown Holds a Memorial Celebration of Her Life
- 'I don't study much at all!' Child genius attending college at the age of NINE says his chemistry and math classes are not challenging enough and even tutors his older peers
- Police video emerges showing baffled ex-Bills player Roscoe Parrish's arrest during a routine traffic stop as he swears 'I live a clean life; I played in the NFL' while being apprehended for 'stalking and threatening to kill his ex'
- Man guilty in Maryland college student’s fatal stabbing
- Giulio Regeni: Egypt tried to cover up student murder, Italy says
- Students accused of sexual misconduct say Title IX isn't working — and victims agree
- A college student got into a car she thought was her Uber, police say. She was found dead in a field
- West Virginia University student, 29, dies 10 years after he was left with extensive brain damage when two college students kicked him in the head during a brutal assault that got the thugs only FIVE YEARS combined in prison
- College Students’ Responses To Shapiro vs. Uygur Debate Are Hilarious — And Encouraging
Video that allegedly shows college students' murder likely authentic, Norway says have 394 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.