On the latest episode of Recode Media, Shots Studios CEO John Shahidi talked with Recode’s Kurt Wagner about how the company is embracing its role as an “arms dealer” in the war being fought among platforms like YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, Apple Music and Twitter. All those companies want content to differentiate themsleves, he explained, and Shots cuts deals between those companies and the seven young online media stars it manages. “What’s the point of going to battle against everyone else when you don’t have premium content?” Shahidi asked. “What we wanna do is supply, you know? Like, ‘Hey, Netflix, do you need something?’ Well, guess what? Guess who’s got the best mobile creators? And we all know Netflix, that your mobile growth is growing.” Earlier this year, his company produced a documentary series for Netflix about one of Shots’ acts, the Brazilian musician Anitta, called “Vai Anitta.” And unlike a traditional movie studio that might see Netflix as an alternative to theatrical distribution, Shots assumed the movie would be watched on her fans’ phones. “When we were reviewing the video, the editing and everything post-production, the Anitta show, we weren’t watching it on a TV,” Shahidi said. “And not only… Read full this story
- Millennial ‘influencers’ who are the new stars of web advertising
- Elle Fanning says it feels 'bizarre' to be told she has 'fat ankles' by social media trolls... as she admits being 'scared of Twitter'
- Ricky Gervais’ message to sick star quickly blew up on social media
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin and More Face Social Media Backlash for Promoting Disastrous Fyre Festival
- Justin Bieber looks all business as he steps out of a van to head to a meeting with chic wife Hailey
- Who is Jeffree Star? Cosmetics company owner revealed after Shane Dawson's YouTube documentary
- ‘Arrow’ Star & ‘Flash’ Villain Talk Crowdfunding Superpowered ‘Code 8’ Pic With ‘Fast & Furious’ Actor
- Ticking hearts
- Kaley Cuoco takes selfies as she films motorbike scene with co-star Colin Woodell for new self-produced drama The Flight Attendant in Rome
- Farrah Abraham's 'Dream Photo' Shoot With Daughter Sophia Has Social Media Weighing In
The big business of being a social media star have 348 words, post on www.recode.net at December 13, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.