Rapper Juelz Santana was sentenced Wednesday to more than two years in prison for trying to bring a loaded gun onto a plane, prosecutors announced. The rapper, whose real name is Laron L. James, pleaded guilty in March to knowingly possessing a firearm as a previously convicted felon and carrying a weapon on an aircraft, according U.S. Attorney’s Office District of New Jersey. Santana was arrested on March 9 after security staff at New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport found a loaded .38-caliber handgun and nonprescription oxycodone pills in a carry-on bag containing his identification. Santana left the area, leaving two bags behind, but turned himself in three days later. Top Tri-State News Photos NBC New York Court documents say Santana admitted he knowingly possessed the handgun despite being prohibited from possessing firearms due to his December 2012 conviction in Bergen County Superior Court for manufacturing and distributing a controlled dangerous substance. He also admitted he attempted to bring the loaded gun onto a flight from Newark to San Francisco, according to prosecutors. The gun was discovered during the X-Ray screening of Santana’s luggage before he could board the flight. In addition to his 27 month prison term, Santana was… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: 35 more sailors positive on Navy carrier, bringing total to 585
- Coronavirus live updates: 35 more crew members positive on Navy ship, bringing total to 585
- Quibi: Prices, what shows to watch, launch details and what is a quibi actually
- Rihanna, Kim Kardashian West Rally for Cyntoia Brown
- How to watch the Fast and Furious movies in order
- Allecha Boyd's killer, Samuel John Shephard, jailed for execution-style 2017 murder
- Italians extend lockdown across the WHOLE country after death toll leaps by 97 in one day to 463... as travel is restricted, people are told not to go out at night and nation's premier says 'there won't be a red zone... there'll just be Italy'
- Samsung Rising goes deep on corruption, chaebols, and corporate chaos
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says COVID-19 could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
- Coronavirus live updates: WHO official says this could be a virus that ‘stalks the human race for quite a long time’
Rapper Juelz Santana Sentenced to Prison for Trying to Bring Loaded Handgun on Plane have 361 words, post on www.nbcnewyork.com at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.