Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on December 6 received international investors in the field of tourism who are in Hanoi to attend the Vietnam Tourism Forum 2018.
Welcoming the investors to Vietnam, the Government leader said Vietnam boasts great potential for developing tourism, considering it a spearhead economic sector.
However, he noted despite good growth, Vietnam’s tourism development is yet to match potential with smaller scale than those in regional countries. He also highlighted limitations such as unsustainable tourism development and weak management capacity.
Speaking at the event, the investors appreciated Vietnam’s tourism development potential and suggested that the country expand those eligible for visa exemption, boost innovation, and raising public awareness of providing tourism services.
Agreeing with the guests, the PM mentioned a number of measures to boost Vietnam’s tourism such as the continued implementation of an open visa policy and improvement of aviation infrastructure.
He emphasised the need to increase tourism promotion, train tourism human resources, and develop accommodation and entertainment facilities.
The leader also praised the outcomes of the Vietnam Tourism Forum 2018 on the same day, where five trade deals worth nearly 2 billion USD were signed between Vietnamese firms and international partners.-VNA
- Prime Minister welcomes Hong Kong investors
- Prime Minister welcomes Thai Deputy PM
- Prime Minister welcomes Thailand’s top legislator
- Prime Minister welcomes Thai Deputy PM, Defence Minister
- Prime Minister arrives in Shanghai for CIIE 2018
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes Hong Kong investors
- New Vietnam international airport to open in December
- Soc Trang to become “treasury” of investors
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc talks with German counterpart