Actors like Helen Mirren, Emily Blunt, and Judi Dench have taken on the roles of iconic queens like Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Elizabeth II. Both Colin Firth and Rupert Everett have taken on roles as kings for movies. Many actors, like Judi Dench and Colin Firth, have won awards for their portrayal of royal characters. Royal families have dealt with triumphs, tragedies and power struggles for centuries – it’s no wonder why their stories or versions of them can sometimes lead to the creation of TV series and movies. Many actors and actresses have had the chance to portray past and present royals in movies and TV shows inspired by both fact and fiction and some have resulted in award-winning performances that critics and viewers alike couldn’t get enough of while others have left critics a bit puzzled. Here are some actors who aren’t quite royal, but have had a chance to wear the crown on screen. Helen Mirren is the queen of royal roles in Hollywood. In the 1994 comedy,“The Madness of King George,”Mirren played Queen Charlotte, who tried to protect the British throne from enemies as King George III’s mental health declined. She also played Queen Elizabeth… Read full this story
- 'Green Lantern': How Ryan Reynolds and filmmakers lit up the big screen for DC's newest superhero
- Prince William and Kate Middleton have, in their first year of marriage, reinvigorated the fading luster of the royals
- Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld play innkeeper as Jake Gyllenhaal hits the Hamptons for a screening
- BAFTA Awards dominated by ‘The Artist’, including best picture, best actor and best director prizes
- A new British Invasion is hitting our shores with plays, TV shows, music and film
- With 'Danish Girl,' Alicia Vikander breaks out
- Don't mess with John Travolta and his role as Dapper Don, says John Gotti's widow Victoria
- ‘The Artist,’ ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ up for British Film Awards
- 'Real Housewives of New York City' stars Ramona Singer and Aviva Drescher bring the drama at GLAAD Awards
- Leonardo DiCaprio reflects on his acclaimed career with Martin Scorsese that started when he begged to join famed director's 'Gang'
12 actors who have played royals on screen have 353 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at December 29, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.