“Ngo” boat race at last year’s Ooc Om Bok festival (Photo: VNA) Soc Trang (VNA) – Ooc Om Bok Festival, also called the Festival of Worshiping the Moon, will take place in the Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang from November 16-22, with various activities to celebrate the traditional Khmer festival. A moon-offering ritual, lantern-release ceremony, photo exhibition, Khmer traditional dance festival and trade and cuisine fair will be held during the event. Notably, a “Ngo” boat race – the highlight of the festival – is scheduled for November 21-22, bringing together 48 teams from Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, Ca Mau, Hau Giang and Vinh Long provinces. In addition, there will be a workshop on enhancing local small- and medium-sized enterprises’ capacity to approach the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0). According to Danh Phuong, deputy head of the board for ethnic minority affairs of Soc Trang province, the event aims to preserve and promote traditional values of Khmer people while popularising local strengths in economy, culture and tourism. Ooc Om Bok is three main festivals, along with Sene Dolta and Chol Chnam Thmay, that Khmer people celebrate every year. It begins around 7-8 pm on the evening of 14th of… Read full this story
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s Get Discounts During 'Diwali Sale'; Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10 Series Get Festive Offers Too
- Egypt's Exceptional Festival Offerings
- Trending beers at Great American Beer Festival offer glimpse into our fizzy future
- Oshkosh Beckons With Recreational, Cultural Activities
- EComm portals’ festive offers under the lens
- Jio to sell JioPhone for Rs 699 as festive offer
- Preparations underway for National Food Festival 2019
- Cultural Events in Barcelona - From Madonna to Messi and Much, Much More
- Sun Festival in Marrakech
- What Are the Activities to Do During Travel in Nepal?
Soc Trang: Ooc Om Bok festival offers cultural activities have 301 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 13, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.