Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Richard Fulton over the years Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Buy Photo State Sen. Richard Fulton is taking the oath of office for the 79th General Assembly at the State Capitol Jan. 3, 1955. Sen. Fulton, who will be 28 on Jan. 27, is under attack because of a constitutional provision that state senators must be 30 years of age at least. The Senate voted him out but he ran again for the seat three years later and won. Eldred Reaney / The Tennessean Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo Congressional candidate Richard Fulton and his wife Jewell, right, confer with youth chairmen Butch Baker, left, and Beth Gentry during the opening of Fulton’s campaign headquarters July 6, 1962. Frank Empson / The Tennessean Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo Campaigning at outdoor barbecues can be touchy, one candidate may meet another. But here, Richard Fulton, left, and incumbent Rep. J. Carlton Loser offer to exchange cards in a friendly mood July 14, 1962. The meeting was at King’s Lane School. Gerald Holly / The Tennessean Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo Richard Fulton, right, and his wife Jewell show the strain of… Read full this story
- With tornado, COVID and now explosion, Nashville mayor calls 2020 city's hardest year
- Richard von Weizsäcker, 94, Dies: First President of Reunited Germany
- Roy Goodman, Liberal Republican Stalwart in New York, Dies at 84
- Who Won the Mayoral Primary?
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: How long before BLM pull down Sir Tom Moore's statue?
- Richard Avedon’s Wall-Size Ambitions
- Progressives brace for reality check in NYC mayor's race: The Note
- Mike Gravel, Unconventional Two-Term Alaska Senator, Dies at 91
- "He was hunting us," a congressman said of the shooting in Alexandria that left at least four injured
- Hank Aaron, Home Run King Who Defied Racism, Dies at 86
Richard Fulton, former Nashville mayor and congressman, dies at 91 have 290 words, post on www.tennessean.com at November 27, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.