Last week, Kevin Manahan, sports director of NJ.com, posted on his Twitter account to let the public know that he was looking for a Philadelphia 76ers beat writer. You couldn’t quite call this a job listing, as he was offering a monthly stipend rather than a salary or benefits; whatever it was, his posts were as condescending as they were self-aggrandizing. Working on the terms he outlined would be a bad deal even if the boss didn’t sound like a raving lunatic, and I wrote as much in a blog post titled “NJ.com Sports Director Advertises Shitty Job, Is A Real Asshole About It.” Perhaps predictably, some of the worst people in sports media took the criticism of Manahan as an opportunity to actively defend the general idea of paying workers badly and treating them poorly. This overshadowed a more interesting and, for now, more pertinent sub-discussion about Kevin Manahan and what he is like as a boss. After I wrote that he sounded “demanding and steroidal” and called him a “weirdo,” well-known sportswriters like Manish Mehta, Jordan Raanan, Robert Klemko, and Mike Garafolo vigorously defended Manahan, saying that he was a good editor and boss. Meanwhile, I was flooded… Read full this story
- Someone Hacked Their BMW M135i To Sound Like An M4
- Austrian Researchers Identify What Six Cylinder Engines Sound Like
- Podcast: The NFL Theme Sounds Like A JRPG Boss Fight
- The Best Way to Suck Up to Someone Without Sounding Like a Kiss Ass
- The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Sounds Mean As Hell
- Secret US-China Climate Deal Sounds Romantic As Hell
- LeBron James Sounds Like The World's Best/Worst Gamer
- The BMW i8's Three-Cylinder Sounds Like A Ferocious Demon
- Mother Of Bill Cosby Accuser Says He Told Her 'I Sound Like A Perverted Person'
- Sounds Like Bethesda's Changing Things Up After
NJ.com's Sports Director Sounds Like The Boss From Hell have 317 words, post on deadspin.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.