MALE Brexiteers are responsible for the failed coup against Theresa May, an MP claimed today. Nadine Dorries insisted that “all the women” in the group trying to oust the PM have put their letters of no confidence in her to the Tory backbench chairman, Sir Graham Brady. And “maybe” it was a problem with the males on the team who were holding back, she speculated. Ms Dorries, who put in her own letter weeks ago, told the BBC today: “It’s certainly not all mouth and no trousers from me. “I can tell you this – it certainly isn’t for all the women in the ERG – all the women have put their letters in.” She speculated that there were around 46 letters of no confidence in, two shy of the number needed to force a vote in Mrs May’s leadership, and added: “I know of key people holding their letters back.”This was because they were trying to use the threat of a vote to try and win concessions, and change the deal with the EU, she said. MPs are now waiting for Mrs May to lose a crunch vote in Parliament over her Brexit deal – and THEN try and… Read full this story
- Theresa May needs to be honest with the public about post-Brexit immigration
- Porton Down failure to ascribe novichok blame makes intelligence key factor in justifying claims against Russia
- Sunday Shows: Brexit, Labour's Anti-Semitism Row And A New Centrist Party Plans
- Theresa May’s bid to tackle racial inequality in public services hampered by lack of figures, MPs warn
- Eight people who’ve changed their Brexit position
- Boris Johnson RESIGNS as Foreign Secretary over Brexit hours after David Davis in killer blow to May
- Theresa May has kept the Tories happy during the Brexit negotiations – but how much longer will it last?
- Immediate threat to Theresa May subsides after 'warm' meeting with Conservative MPs
- EU's chief Brexit negotiator is delaying deal so he can be in the 'limelight', says most senior Tory in Brussels
- Brexit: EU Withdrawal Bill set to be rejected by Scottish Parliament, in fresh blow for Theresa May
Brexiteer Nadine Dorries blames scared Tory MEN for failed coup against Theresa May – but claims they only need two more letters have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.