The wife of Plymouth journalist Tristan Nichols has spoken of her heartbreak following his sudden death and about the fundraising campaign set up to help her cope with the “nightmare” scenario she’s been pitched into. Jacky Nichols, who left her native Mexico after falling in love with Tristan, now finds herself having to look after their baby daughter while worrying about how she will make the next mortgage payment on the Saltash dream house the family moved into just months ago. “I was living the dream but it’s become a nightmare,” she said. Jacky is only receiving maternity pay while caring for four-month-old Mia Luna. And Tristan, who died suddenly at home aged just 40, left no will or insurance cover – Jacky isn’t even able to access cash from his bank account at present. She is also not yet a British citizen, and now fears for the future of herself and Mia, that they may lose their home and even have to leave the UK. “I want to stay in this country,” she said. “And I want to save this house – it’s where Tristan wanted Mia to grow up.” A fundraising campaign has now been started with the… Read full this story
- Family of three best friends massacred at fishing spot say the death penalty is their 'number one priority' and that victims knew 'killers' most of their lives
- James Jordan shares precious photo of baby Ella asleep after shattering family news
- Long Lost Family viewers are left in tears as man introduces his birth father who didn't know he'd been born 50 years ago to his adoptive dad - who thanks the other man for 'giving him a son'
- The pandemic has caused a serious shortage of poll workers. Your high schooler can help
- 'My mum’s boyfriend has moved in and acts like he’s my dad... I hate it'
- Bill would help wounded veterans and their caregivers
- Ben Needham’s mum given new hope her missing boy is alive after man with ‘blue eyes and freckles speaking Greek’ spotted
- 'I love you all!' Strictly's James Jordan thanks fans for their 'overwhelming help and love' following his father's devastating terminal cancer diagnosis
- Heartbroken parents reveal their family dog died after eating barbecue leftovers dumped on a beach - as they share moment they broke the news to their son, 5, in warning to others
- Kourtney Kardashian naked ambition! Reality star strips off to tease new business venture Poosh
Urgent appeal to help heartbroken family of new dad Tristan have 403 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.