Tanzanian police said Friday they had identified the driver of a vehicle used in the kidnapping of Tanzanian billionaire Mohammed Dewji, who was snatched over a week ago. Dewji, 43, who is considered Africa’s youngest billionaire, was seized by gunmen as he entered a hotel gym in Tanzania’s economic capital Dar es Salaam Thursday morning last week. His family is offering a reward of half a million dollars (435,000 euros) for information that would help police find him. Police chief Simon Sirro told a press conference that surveillance videos at the hotel had captured images of the vehicle used by the kidnappers, a dark blue 4X4. 2019: Ondo youths solicit support for Atiku’s presidential bid “We have been able to identify the vehicle. So we have advanced a lot in our investigation, we will publish these photos,” he said. “On top of that we know this car entered the country on September 1 from a neighbouring country,” Sirro added, refusing to name the country. “We already have the names of the vehicle’s owner and the driver.” Sirro said he would send Tanzanian police to the neighbouring country in question, without giving any details. He said that of 27 people arrested… Read full this story
- Minneapolis Police Say Missing 2-Year-Old Child Found Safe
- Erik Chimborazo Hit With Multiple Charges Following 2-Car Crash That Killed Lyft Driver In Maspeth, Queens
- Parents fear for kidnapped children, some as young as 4, after latest school raid in Nigeria
- This Former Marine Is Facing Jail Time For A Fake Kidnapping Gone Wrong In A North Korean Embassy
- Katie Sorensen Has Been Charged Over Her Michael's Kidnapping Claims
- A Lyft Driver With A Criminal Record Was Charged With Rape. So Why Was He Even Behind The Wheel?
- Noor’s Partner, Officer Matthew Harrity, Describes Night Justine Ruszczyk Damond Was Fatally Shot
- Nigeria: Unknown Gunmen Abduct 200 Children from Islamic School
- Clear Lake Crime & Safety
- Two lives were lost in the downtown crash a month ago. Were their deaths preventable?
Tanzanian police say driver identified in kidnap of billionaire, Mohammed Dewji have 322 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.