NHS funding boost for Scotland an ‘insult’, says Health Secretary BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has described Scotland’s share of increased NHS spending as an “insult” to the service and its patients. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/nhs-funding-boost-for-scotland-an-insult-says-health-secretary-37475287.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37475286.ece/0e33f/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_af3e3f27-9337-4539-a45b-019c991ac300_1 Email Health Secretary Jeane Freeman has described Scotland’s share of increased NHS spending as an “insult” to the service and its patients. She told MSPs the Scottish Government had been “short-changed” by the Chancellor to the tune of £54.5 million. Philip Hammond’s Budget took forward plans to increase funding for the NHS south of the border, meaning extra money for the Scottish Government under the Barnett formula. The Conservatives said the annual rise of 3.4% was worth £2 billion in real terms to Scotland by 2023/24. The Budget sets out extra NHS funding of £550 million in 2019/20, £54.5 million less than Scottish Ministers anticipated. Ms Freeman told MSPs: “That the UK Government has short-changed our health service by £54.5 million compared to the claimed level of consequentials in the summer is an insult to our NHS and the people who depend on it. “In addition, the UK Government has not set out the consequential funding that will be delivered beyond next year, leaving open the… Read full this story
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirms anyone who has to self-isolate because of coronavirus WILL get sick pay
- NHS is out of control, says Tory health minister
- FOURTEEN UK patients are tested for coronavirus: Suspected victims are taken into isolation after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
- ‘No go’ areas could be set up in UK to tackle coronavirus as Health Secretary admits ‘serious’ chance of full pandemic
- All Brits returning from coronavirus-hit Iran, northern Italy and two South Korean cities should self-isolate for 14 DAYS even if they DON'T have symptoms, Health Secretary Matt Hancock warns – as global death toll passes 2,700
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock says he will publish a coronavirus 'battleplan' this week as he refuses to rule out a Wuhan-style quarantine for an entire UK CITY
- ‘Hundreds of thousands of lives’ at stake over coronavirus in Britain, admits ex-Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt
- Nearly 150,000 Scottish NHS staff offered minimum 9% pay rise
- 'We are already working to our absolute limit': 99.5% of doctors say the NHS is NOT prepared for a coronavirus outbreak and fear the health service 'simply won't cope'
- Coronavirus outbreak preparations stepped up in Scotland
NHS funding boost for Scotland an ‘insult’, says Health Secretary have 426 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at October 30, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.