The bowling greens at Victoria Park in Leamington will be used for tournaments as part of the 2022 Commonwealth Games it has been confirmed. The announcement was made as part of an event in Birmingham – the city which will host the games – today.Noel Butler, the Warwick District councillor responsible for the Commonwealth Games in Leamington and portfolio holder for business said: “Warwick district is delighted that its lawn bowls facility in Leamington is one of the many exciting venues being offered as part of Birmingham 2022, providing a platform to showcase our district to a worldwide audience.”We are looking forward to working together with Bowls England, the local tourism industry, business and sports organisations to make the most of this wonderful opportunity.”For more information about the 2022 Commonwealth Games announcement click here. Cars stolen and others damaged in latest Kenilworth crimes
- Liverpool ready to host 2022 Commonwealth Games if Durban drops out
- Video game warriors do battle before 40,000 fans in China
- Myanmar Games open with a bang
- US considers travel alert for Europe
- Social News 1/11
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 5/6
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 6/9
- Blatter takes aim at FIFA 'destroyers'
- Four cities open campaign to host 2024 Olympics
- 2017 update on foreign mega investment projects in Vietnam
Leamington bowling greens officially confirmed as part of Commonwealth Games 2022 have 197 words, post on www.kenilworthweeklynews.co.uk at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.