It’s a connection so familiar, it’s happened 397 times before in the regular season: A Tom Brady-to-Julian Edelman completion. But a torn ACL and a four-game suspension for performance enhancing drugs for Edelman prevented the pair from linking up in a meaningful game for more than 600 days. That was long enough. Brady and the Patriots’ offense wasted no time getting the speedy and shifty receiver the ball when he took the field Thursday night against the Colts, his first time suiting up in a non-preseason game since Super Bowl LI. On the first offensive play, Brady hit Edelman for a 9-yard gain. Brady went back to Edelman five plays later (13 yards) and then five plays after that (6 yards). The close friends and trusted colleagues teamed up seven times for 57 yards in a turnover-filled 38-24 win over Indianapolis at Gillette Stadium. New England improved to 3-2 while Indianapolis dropped to 1-4. Although the Patriots held a 24-3 lead at halftime, two third-quarter turnovers kept Colts in the game, with Andrew Luck throwing two touchdowns to make it 24-17 early in the fourth quarter. But a historic 34-yard touchdown pass by Brady to Josh Gordon and a 34-yard… Read full this story
- When Laurence Maroney Carried Tom Brady, Undefeated Patriots To The Super Bowl
- Tom Brady reacts to Rob Gronkowski trade to Buccaneers, reuniting him with former Patriots teammate
- Gronk is back! Patriots tight end, 30, comes out of retirement to reunite with longtime teammate Tom Brady after requesting a trade to Tampa Bay
- Panthers Allow Cam Newton To Seek Trade; Might He Be Tom Brady’s Replacement?
- Tom Brady’s wild 24 hours: kicked out of a park and reunited with Gronkowski
- Tom Brady leaves Patriots for Buccaneers: Tampa reportedly strikes trade with New England for Rob Gronkowski
- Tom Brady leaves Patriots for Buccaneers: Peyton Manning explains why he was surprised by ex-rival's decision
- Can Aaron Rodgers Handle Getting The Tom Brady Treatment?
- America reacts to Rob Gronkowski reuniting with Tom Brady in Tampa Bay
- Jeff Reinebold: How the Buccaneers can support Tom Brady in the 2020 NFL Draft
Josh Gordon catches first touchdown from Tom Brady as Patriots beat Colts 38-24 have 339 words, post on www.boston.com at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.