Tom McGurk Cherry Hill Courier-Post Published 11:49 PM EDT Oct 19, 2018 HAMMONTON – With its high-flying offense grounded for most of the game, the Eastern High School football team proved it could win a different type of game. Despite a penalty-plagued, mistake-marred four quarters, the Vikings rode a strong defensive effort, got a late score and held off a late charge by Hammonton for a 13-12 road win Friday night. Eastern quarterback Andrew Heck flipped a 3-yard pass to tight end Michael Wall for the decisive score with 7 minutes, 14 seconds left in the fourth quarter the Vikings a 13-12 lead. However, the ballgame was far from over. After both teams traded turnovers, Hammonton got within 13-12 with a 63-yard drive that culminated with a Jaiden Abrams’ 1-yard run. The Blue Devils missed the extra-point attempt. Hammonton’s defense forced a three-and-out and got the ball at the Eastern 33. The Blue Devils marched inside the Viking 20, but saw a 37-yard field goal attempt fall short in the closing seconds. What it means Eastern (6-1) ran its winning streak to six, its longest since the Vikings won their first six games of the 2013. Later that season, Eastern played Cherokee in… Read full this story
- Football Betting - 2 Ways You Could Make A Killing!
- Bet for Value: NCAA Football
- College Football Notebook (11/10)
- A Story From The Stands - What Have Former Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - Tolly
- How Rachel McAdams and Jessica Alba Relate To College Football
- A Story From The Stands - What Have Former Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - Janssen
- College Football 2007 - There Are Poll Pretenders, 9 of 25 Top Teams Get a Reality Check
- BYU Football Projections - Rise and Shout or Down and Out?
- A Story From The Stands - What Have Former Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - McCord
- Just One Win Can Become A Sign of Total Domination
H.S. football: Eastern finds another way to extend winning streak to six have 309 words, post on eu.courierpostonline.com at October 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.