SAN FRANCISCO: Google said on Thursday (Oct 25) it had fired 48 employees in the past two years – including 13 senior executives – as a result of sexual harassment allegations, citing “an increasingly hard line” on inappropriate conduct. The US tech giant issued the statement from chief executive Sundar Pichai in response to a New York Times report that one senior Google employee, Android creator Andy Rubin, received an exit package worth US$90 million as he faced allegations of misconduct, and that Google had covered up other claims of sexual harassment. Asked by AFP and other media for its reaction, Google released an email sent to employees from Pichai stating that 48 people had been terminated for sexual harassment in the past two years, including 13 who were senior managers and above and that none received “an exit package.” “In recent years, we’ve made a number of changes, including taking an increasingly hard line on inappropriate conduct by people in positions of authority,” Pichai said. He added that the report on Rubin and others was “difficult to read” but he did not directly address the claims in the article. “We are dead serious about making sure we provide a safe and inclusive… Read full this story
- UMKC softball players say coach sexually harassed them. School bought him a microwave
- Linfield won't need firing up after last year's woe, insists Healy
- Why Unreported Sexual Harassment Can Bring Ridicule
- Sexual Harassment Policies: Why Even Small Businesses Need Them
- Sexual Harassment Rendering Online Women Gamers Invisible
- "Don't Sexually Harass Me"- Paulie Malignaggi to Conor McGregor
- Two more Olympic gymnasts, both now at UCLA, publicly say they were sexually abused by Larry Nassar
- Afghan Women’s Soccer Team Accuses Officials of Sexual Abuse
- Fired for What? 10 Infamous Firings
- Can You Really Be Fired for Being 'Too Hot'?
Google says fired 48 for sexual harassment over two years have 291 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.