FEELING a bit too chilled out this autumn? As the weather turns, cranking up the central heating comes with a hefty price tag. Energy regulator Ofgem says the average bill is now £94.83 a month, or £1,138 a year. So stay toasty with our top seasonal saving tips. Layer up. Pull on a jumper — and invest in thick throws to swaddle yourself while on the sofa. Get one at Primark for just £4 and use it as a duvet topper to stay snug in bed instead of buying an electric blanket. SAVE £94 on a Dreamland double electric heated mattress protector at Dunelm. Tackle draughts. It can cost a bundle to get professional draught excluders fitted so make your own. Look for cheap scrap fabric at charity shops or use an old pillowcase stuffed with old tights. Roll it into a sausage and place it at the base of your front door. SAVE £85 on draught proofing. Turn it down. Taking your thermostat down just 1C could save an amazing ten per cent on your energy bill. Attack that dial and you could see huge savings. SAVE £113.80 on the average annual energy bill. Draw the drapes. Thermal curtains… Read full this story
- 12 money saving tips that could help you save £1,086 for your summer holiday
- Keep cool at home as temperatures rise with these cash-saving tips
- Martin Lewis urges households to switch energy bills NOW as wholesale prices hit three-year high
- Make driving miles cheaper and fuel go further for less with our cash-saving tips
- Nine surprisingly simple money-saving tips you can use this week
- Working from home can mean surprise energy bills. Green power can help.
- These Smart Air Conditioners Help You Stay Cool Without Spiking Your Energy Bill
- Equilibrium/Sustainability — Presented by NextEra Energy — Grasshoppers are winning the heat wave
- 9 Tips to Help You Win Fortnite Battles on a Smartphone | Digital Trends
- The best ethical beauty buys that will help the environment and will save you money
Cut the cost of keeping warm with our top saving tips for your energy bills — plus how you can win £15k in our raffle have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.