PUBLISHED: 11:30 28 October 2018 Clare Butler This is the picture that the exhibition at March Museum is looking to display an original copy of. Can you help? Picture: CAMBS TIMES Archant An exhibition to mark the 150th anniversary of the birth of March photographer Alice Askew is looking to display the original copy of her first photo to have appeared in the Cambs Times from 1919. Exhibition at March Museum to mark the life of Cambs Times photographer Alice Askew. Picture: CAMBS TIMES/ MIKE PETTYAlice was in business in March from 1916 until 1953 and provided photos for the Cambs Times nearly every week from 1920 to 1953.It is believed that her first photo was of a group of March Red Cross nurses who volunteered to work at military hospitals during the First World War – published on May 30 1919.March and District Museum, who will be holding the exhibition in November, have found a poor copy of the photograph from the microfilm copies of the Cambs Times.They are seeking the help of readers to see if there is an original copy of the photo.Exhibition at March Museum to mark the life of Cambs Times photographer Alice Askew. Picture:… Read full this story
- Dr. Spencer Johnson, author of self-help best-seller, dies
- Tool that reveals meaning and origin of 45,000 Brit surnames now FREE online – but only for a week
- How Two Marines Helped Bring Down Revenge Porn on Facebook
- 'Emergence of another coronavirus is inevitable'
- Don Shula, the NFL’s all-time leader in coaching wins, dies at 90
- 5 Odd Facts About Lewis Carroll
- 450-Year-Old Book Reveals What to Name a Baby Samurai
- Lightroom running slow? Here’s how to speed it up without buying a new computer
- Kehlani Is Ready to Give You Something to Talk About
- Sue Davies obituary
Can you help with an original copy of this photo? have 285 words, post on www.cambstimes.co.uk at October 28, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.