The initiative to build the multifunctional complex Chisinau Arena was announced by Andrian Candu on March 13th. The Chisinau Arena project, however, sparked criticism among the opposition, the civic activists, who declared it an electoral project, for which money would be spent on anything but important social and economic issues. Yesterday, on the day of Chisinau, the construction of the first polyvalent hall in the country has begun. The objective will be 10 hectares, and the cost of the project is about 43 million euros. Arena Chisinau will have a multi-purpose arena with a capacity of over 4,000 spectators, a dedicated hall for training and small events, Olympic pool, Aqua Park, Tennis Club, open-air swimming pool, which will turn into an ice skating arena in winter, modern parking, with enough capacity to accommodate all guests. “The materialization of our common aspirations for the past 27 years is Chisinau Arena – the most ambitious project developed in the Republic of Moldova since independence day,” declared the President of Parliament at the launching event. Turkish President SUMMA Selim Bora announced that the construction will be completed in 12 months. The company was selected following a public contest.
- Heydar Aliyev Foundation implements charity project in Bosnia and Herzegovina [PHOTO]
- Czech companies constructing school in Azerbaijan
- The major projects in Wales that got the green light but never happened
- Planning application for historic Sheffield pub with links to English Civil War expected soon
- Historic landmark in shadow of Humber Bridge set for huge facelift
- One step closer for redevelopment of historic Tavistock building
- David Livingstone Centre marks start of £6m Birthplace Project to transform venue
- Korea’s historic peace move puts onus on Washington to end conflict
- National treasure One for Arthur set to rein on Kelso’s parade
- Authorities reject art project bid to rebuild Berlin Wall
Andrian Candu on the construction of Chisinau Arena: A historic project of national importance begins have 290 words, post on www.moldova.org at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.