Ian O’Connor, author of the upcoming Bill Belichick biography “Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time” discussed his new book with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday’s episode of The Woj Pod. Near the end of the episode, O’Connor further detailed the widely reported tension between Belichick and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, which he explored in the final chapters of his book. O’Connor explained how the Patriots’ drafting of Jimmy Garoppolo in 2014 rankled Brady, and compounding matters then was the fact Brady heard his head coach wanted to win a Super Bowl without him. Said O’Connor: “Things get better [in 2015], but relationships get more strained, particularly the Brady-Belichick one because Garoppolo is sitting there and Brady knows that Bill has told people that he was looking forward to the day that he could win a Super Bowl basically without him. And just add to his legacy, and to put to rest any lingering doubt about Belichick’s greatness; that it’s not all tied to Tom Brady.” O’Connor added the quarterback’s frustration later grew from Belichick’s “marginalization” of Alex Guerrero, Brady’s business parter, trainer and close friend. Guerrero’s team privileges were revoked during the 2017 season. There was also the matter of Belichick’s coaching style. “The… Read full this story
- Tom Brady described how much he drank after Super Bowl LIII
- Tom Brady and Bill Belichick defy their ages with Super Bowl win
- New England Patriots and Donald Trump's Love Affair, Explained: Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft All Friendly With President
- Throwback night: Patriots wins Super Bowl the old-fashioned wayYou may also be interested in...
- Trump praises Brady, Belichick and Kraft ahead of Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 2019: Tom Brady, Bill Belichick singing each other’s praises as New England Patriots prepare for Los Angeles Rams
- What Julian Edelman has been up to since winning Super Bowl MVP
- What would winning Super Bowl LIII mean to the Patriots? Surprisingly, it’s complicated
- Trump picks Patriots to win Super Bowl, calls Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time
- How Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, and others are reacting to Rob Gronkowski’s retirement
Tom Brady learned Bill Belichick told confidants he wants to win a Super Bowl without him, author claims have 361 words, post on blog.masslive.com at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.