AUGUSTA — A man on trial on a charge of attempting to murder a sheriff’s deputy told investigators he struggled mightily to get the guns away from his father the night of May 19, 2017, and hide them from him. An audio recording of Scott Bubar’s interview by officers five days after his father was shot and killed by police, and Bubar himself was wounded, was played on Friday, the third day of Scott Bubar’s trial, at the Capital Judicial Center.Bubar, 41, of Brunswick, who is being held at the Kennebec County jail, left the courtroom when the 59-minute interview recording started to be heard. He left during the courtroom several other times as well when other evidence was introduced. From his hospital bed in Lewiston on May 25, 2017, Bubar tells Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office Detective John Bourque and a second officer that his father, Roger Bubar, asked if he could pick up Scott and bring him to stay for the night in Belgrade. “I could tell something was wrong, just the way his voice was and what he was saying,” Scott Bubar said, adding that his father suffered from stress from the responsibility of caring for his longtime… Read full this story
- Ex Cop Who Tried to Rape a Woman With a Gun Gets His Gun Back
- The Gun-Control Movement Gains a Few Hard Inches at UT-Austin
- California Woman Remains in Critical Condition After Being Taken Hostage By Ex-Boyfriend
- I Don't Know What to Do With Good White People
- This Week In Tabloids: Kendall Jenner and Lord Disick Are Doing Sex
- This Is The Religious Extremist, Scam Artist And Accused Pedophile Behind Super Replicas
- 44 Marvel
- Officer Darren Wilson Still Can't See How He Could Possibly Be Racist
- Driver Charged With Attempted Murder Explains That It Was Actually 'Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter'
- 11 More Scary Stories to Make You Wet Your Pants
Scott Bubar told police he tried to wrestle the guns away from his father in Belgrade standoff have 303 words, post on www.pressherald.com at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.