England vs India, fourth Test: scoreboard from the Ageas Bowl Moeen Ali finally broke India’s resistance as England sealed the five-match series with a 60-run win after a titanic struggle in Southampton. The world’s No 1 team pushed England into the penultimate evening of the fourth Test, thanks to a century fourth-wicket stand between Virat Kohli (58) and Ajinkya Rahane (51). But Moeen (four for 71) took his match haul to nine wickets, and India lost four for 13 soon after tea to give England an unassailable 3-1 lead with one match to play. India’s target, one they have exceeded just once in their history to win outside Asia, was 245 after England were bowled out for 271 in their second innings. Kohli, especially, and Rahane made Joe Root sweat, but Moeen eventually dismissed both, on an increasingly helpful pitch, in a total of 184 all out. An eventful morning always appeared in the offing and, in gloriously cloudless conditions, so it proved as first England lost their last two wickets for 11 runs. Stuart Broad edged the first ball behind to go for a golden duck and put Mohammed Shami (four for 57) on a hat-trick for the second time in the… Read full this story
- Ashwin dozen leads India to test series win over SAfrica
- Kinsler hoping for first World Series win
- Two-timer: ‘Bubba’ Wallace nabs second Truck Series win (VIDEO)
- New Zealand farewell McCullum with series win vs.
- Three Cuts: Wood’s gem paces Braves series win over Marlins
- Dillon cruises to Truck Series win
- Leake looks to lead Reds to series win over Giants
- Goldschmidt’s 2-run double gives Arizona win in 10
- Kane marks England debut with memorable goal in win vs. Lithuania
- New Zealand farewell McCullum with series win vs. Australia
Moeen Ali spins England to 60-run victory to wrap up series win against India have 283 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 2, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.