0 Have your say HEAD COACH MARCELO BIELSA will need to find the “right moments” to introduce teen forward stars Ryan Edmondson and Jack Clarke to the Leeds United first team, despite injuries to the club’s two main strikers Kemar Roofe and Patrick Bamford. Bielsa’s unbeaten Championship leaders will take in their seventh league game of a promising campaign at Millwall tomorrow with United missing the services of three key attacking players in Roofe, Bamford and Pablo Hernandez in addition to defender Gaetano Berardi and young midfielder Jamie Shackleton.Of the club’s striker options, August’s EFL Championship player of the month Roofe is facing between two and three weeks out with a calf problem while £7m summer striker signing Bamford is facing a four-month absence with a posterior cruciate ligament knee injury.Bielsa has already highlighted 19-year-old Welsh international Tyler Roberts as his “first option” up front minus Bamford and Roofe but Roberts himself has yet to feature in a league game for Leeds and 17-year-olds Edmondson and Clarke have also been excelling for United’s under-23s.Edmondson was handed his Whites debut as a 74th-minute substitute by former head coach Paul Heckingbottom in last season’s Championship finale at home to QPR and while… Read full this story
- Leeds United fans urge Marcelo Bielsa to start Eddie Nketiah after hat-trick performance
- Arsenal ace Eddie Nketiah backed to end Leeds United loan deal early
- 'The youth generation is united': the uni students striking for the climate
- The Benefit of Concert '46664'
- Some Less Obvious Benefits of Dog Training - Help For Owners of Older Dogs
- ET Exclusive: Will make India a better place to do business, says PM Modi
- Entrepreneurs are our 'Growth Ambassadors', will make India a better place to do business, says PM Modi
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- The awkward squad
- Edited Transcript of AERI earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 9:00pm GMT
Leeds United: Patient approach will benefit young strikers says Bielsa have 320 words, post on www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.