The Korea Baseball Organization has announced notable new restrictions on spending relating to foreign players, as Yonhap News reports (h/t to Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net). In particular, the rules establish stringent limitations on what KBO clubs can offer players who are not already on their rosters.Increasingly in recent years, the KBO has represented an intriguing possibility for players who have struggled to establish themselves in the majors. In addition to earning some added money and getting to play a leading role in a country’s highest-level league, the opportunity has functioned as a platform for a return to the majors in many instances.For KBO clubs, the process of luring players from other parts of the world offers an important means of boosting their rosters. Transfer fees allow MLB organizations to get a piece of the action as well, in instances where the player at issue is under contractual control on this side of the Pacific.Now, KBO clubs will be limited to a $1MM total outlay, and a one-season commitment, in adding non-Korean players to a roster. That amount includes all financial commitments to the player and any transfer fee paid. The new rules stipulate that multi-year contracts cannot be promised to… Read full this story
- The foreign footballers giving up their passports to become Chinese
- China further opens up insurance, banking sectors to foreign investors
- Man City player ratings for the season so far
- Jamal Adams says he's top dog; how soon before he wants top salary?
- Top 3 - Soccer Players Salaries
- Negotiating the glass ceiling – can women get to the very top?
- Why is Niger "Africa’s Champion" in Foreign Military Presence?
- foreign investment in China used-car market staking
- Six senior Middlesbrough players will be free agents next summer
- Brooklyn Shooting: Poker Player Opened Fire and Was Killed by Bouncer
KBO establishes salary ceiling on foreign players have 300 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at September 11, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.