For the most part, Burning Man isn’t about winners and losers. It’s about community, gifting, great (and some not so great) art, dancing, fighting against dust storms, and so much more. But sometimes, just sometimes, you have to give a nod to the victorious. Perhaps it’s ironic, like when a member of a team that had transformed a mothballed Boeing 747 into a giant rolling art car told me they’d built a viewing platform on the wing of their plane “so that the Sparkleponies can win Instagram.” Or maybe it’s when something is just so useful that you see it everywhere on the playa (the name for Nevada’s Black Rock Desert, where Burning Man is held). Last year, I wrote about how the ShiftPod, a $1,300 Burning Man camp project turned business success, had become a multimillion-dollar company. This year, as I made my way across the playa, I could only come to one conclusion: ShiftPod definitely won Burning Man. Here’s why: Although it’s big and heavy when packed up, it’s simply marvelous as a tent alternative. It can be set up by one person in about five minutes (plus a few minutes more to pound a few stakes), it’s… Read full this story
- Ashwin Datta seals Formula LGB 1300 title
- Big Brother has been EVICTED from its Manly house in Sydney with producers now on the hunt for a new location as filming wraps on 2021 season
- Man is seriously injured with chemical burns after huge 'explosion' on industrial estate near Manchester
- Five teens nabbed for burning alive 60-year-old man
- Muslims Who Rioted After Qur’an Burning Get Soft Sentences
- IND vs AUS 2020: Joe Burns Won't Give Any Advice to Struggling Prithvi Shaw, Hopes His Poor Form Continues
- Guardian angel: Homeless man risks his own life, runs inside burning shelter to save animals
- Man, 51, is charged with arson after police officers were 'doused with PETROL and a house was set on fire'
- Boxing Day Test crucial in deciding fate of series against India: Joe Burns
- India vs Australia: Joe Burns cleared for 2nd Australia, India Test
How this $1,300 tent won Burning Man have 344 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.