The newspapers hit reportedly included the popular Thanh Nien, Tien Phong, Sai Gon Giai Phong, Voice of Vietnam, Zing, and Bao Moi, all of which use the ePi content management system hosted on VinaData, a data center owned by tech company VNG. According to an email VinaData sent to its clients, the disruption – which began at 9 a.m. — was due to a power cut at Quang Trung Software City (QTSC) in HCMC, where the data center is located. In addition to the news sites, VNG services such as music player application Zing MP3, messaging application Zalo, online television service Zing TV, payment gateway ZaloPay, and VNG’s online games also became inaccessible. After power supply resumed, the online newspapers and Zing’s services came back on at around 4:30 p.m. But Zalo, ZaloPay and VNG’s online games remained inaccessible as of 11 p.m. Sunday. VNG’s services are widely used in business and communication. Speaking to the media Sunday afternoon, Nguyen Tan Hung, public relations chief of the Ho Chi Minh City Power Corporation, said the fault lay with VNG since it was a scheduled power cut and QTSC had been informed five days earlier. Hung claimed the blackout occurred due… Read full this story
- Google at 20: Tech giant unveils three big shifts in search
- Why are tech giants lobbying Congress for data privacy regulations?
- Tech giants IBM, Intel fund new blockchain laboratory at UC San Diego
- Apple designer Jony Ive is 'zealous' over the tech giant's most personal device
- Tech giants use AI to fight famine in coordination with international groups
- Is DOJ gearing up to investigate tech giants? Utah A.G. part of cryptic meeting with Sessions
- ‘Greedy’ Google: Community activists slam tech giant over planned San Jose mega-campus
- EU Antitrust Chief Discusses Sanctioning US Tech Giants and New Amazon Investigation
- Inventor Of World Wide Web Says Tech Giants May Have To Be Split Up
- Apple CEO: It's 'bunk' tech giants need your data
Fault at tech giant blamed as many Vietnamese online newspapers vanish for hours have 337 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 23, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.