With nine grandchildren, John Kenny and his wife Bernett always knew their garden would be well used. But after years of living with worn-down grass and broken solar lights, the Wirral couple were desperate to have an outdoor space they – as well as the grandkids – could enjoy. John, 60, who owns a security company, said: “We think the world of our children and grandchildren, but it’s fair to say all the paddling pools, football and general play over the years have destroyed the garden. “With our 40th wedding anniversary approaching, we felt the time was right to do something with it, so when the competition came up and we found out we’d won we couldn’t believe our luck.” Determined to restore the couple’s garden, the team broke it into two distinct areas. One area where John and Bernett could dine alfresco, and the other area where they could relax and read. To create the lovely outdoor dining space the patio was cleaned up and a Wilko Mosaic Bistro set (£100) added. Wilko Hanging Wall Baskets (50cm, £7 each) were hung on the side fence and Wilko Expanding Wood Trellis (180 x 60cm, £3.50) installed allowing the Clematis plants… Read full this story
- Mohamed Salah: How he became the world's best footballer
- 13 Man Utd legends as managers who have been sacked 17 times, and the ONE ex-star who has been a major success
- Man Utd news LIVE: Solskjaer says United still ‘No1 in Manchester’, Ronaldo eyes coaching role, Xavi targets Pogba
- Chelsea want Szalai in January, Howe to Newcastle DELAYED, Xavi Barcelona boss LATEST, Sterling transfer update
- Finding place for enigmatic Kai Havertz is Thomas Tuchel's biggest Chelsea puzzle
- 85 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- How Arrigo Sacchi's AC Milan became Immortals thanks to the Belgrade fog
- PIX: Liverpool in last 16; Manchester City on course
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 16
- My Restaurant Was My Life for 20 Years. Does the World Need It Anymore?
"We couldn't believe our luck": Wilko competition winners' garden is transformed from football pitch to calming oasis have 315 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.