A rush transcript of "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" airing on Sunday, August 26, 2018 on ABC News is below. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated. For previous show transcripts, visit the "This Week" transcript archive . ANNOUNCER: This Week with George Stephanopoulos starts right now. GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS, HOST: American hero. SEN. JOHN MCCAIN, (R) ARIZONA: I’m the luckiest guy on earth. I have served America’s cause. STEPHANOPOULOS: Honoring John McCain. MCCAIN: And I have enjoyed every single day of it, the good ones and the not so good ones. STEPHANOPOULOS: From military royalty to prisoner of war, a maverick senator and happy warrior on the presidential campaign trail. In victory and defeat, John McCain defined by his life of service to country. At his best, he dignified our politics. This morning, we remember the unparalleled life of an American patriot. And closing in. UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Did President Trump commit a crime? SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: As the president said, we have stated many times he did nothing wrong. STEPHANOPOULOS: The president’s former lawyer pleads guilty, says Trump directed his campaign finance felony. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Michael, what’s your message to… Read full this story
- Sen. John Kennedy dismisses Dem impeachment push, says they just have 'hurt feelings'
- Meghan McCain: GOP Will Be in ‘Very Dark Place to Rebuild’ After Trump
- Here are the 18 Democrats who are running for president
- GOP House Intel panel member tells Pelosi to release Volker transcript, slams 'secret hearings'
- Week 8 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus new goals for every team
- Edited Transcript of DFS earnings conference call or presentation 22-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of SHW earnings conference call or presentation 22-Oct-19 3:00pm GMT
- Could the 2020 field get BIGGER? Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Michael Bloomberg, Eric Holder and even John Kerry field anxious requests to rescue Democrats from lackluster presidential options
- The governors’ races, two weeks out
- It's getting late in Iowa already
'This Week' Transcript 8-26-18: Honoring late Sen. John McCain, Rep. Eric Swalwell and Alan Dershowitz have 324 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 26, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.