All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship semi-final replay: Galway v Clare (tomorrow, 2pm, Semple Stadium, live on RTE2 & Sky Sports Arena) WILL it be Aliens, or will it be Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles? Godfather II or Caddyshack II? There’s something special about a sequel that outstrips a brilliant original but, after last weekend’s clinker in Croke Park, it is surely too much to expect Galway and Clare to serve up another modern-day classic in Thurles tomorrow. Supporters the length and breadth of the country are still catching their breath after a helter-skelter 48 hours which showcased everything good about the caman code, the cherry on the cake of a Championship summer to stand comparison with any other. Yet as they dragged their weary limbs off the sodden field at around 7.30pm last Saturday night following 94 minutes of frenetic fare, it is unlikely their contribution to a game for the ages was foremost in the thoughts of either group of players. Both could legitimately have cursed the one that got away, even though it was Clare who secured salvation so late in the game. But then both should also have been glad of another chance at reaching an All-Ireland final,… Read full this story
- Offshore drilling and exploration proposals prove no lessons learned after BP Deepwater Horizon
- Highlights from the second MSF Paediatric Days, Dakar, December 2017
- Because God is God, we don’t have to be. That, and other lessons about grace.
- Tamarindo: Witch’s Rock surf lessons rock
- 7 life lessons Arsene Wenger learned during his time at Arsenal
- Devils learning what it takes in NHL playoffs first-round test
- Toward better AI: Facebook intros new version of its PyTorch machine learning software
- Remembering Nancy Reagan on the second anniversary of her death
- Best Online DevOps Training Videos (Learn Powerful New Skills Today)
- War correspondent Clare Hollingworth, who has died aged 105, wasnât going to say goodbye easily Post Magazine
They have plenty of lessons to learn, but Tribe have the tools to see off Clare at second attempt have 314 words, post on www.irishnews.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.