Mark Leibovich may be the only person to conduct interviews inside both the White House and Tom Brady’s top-floor Manhattan apartment. The New York Times Magazine correspondent won acclaim for his unsparing portrait of Washington, D.C.’s political culture in his 2013 book, This Town. Five years later, his newest book, set to be released Sept. 4, takes on the NFL, with a heavy focus on the New England Patriots. Big Game: The NFL in Dangerous Times chronicles the last four years of “peak football” in an amusing narrative that weaves from not one but two of Tom Brady’s homes to NFL owners meetings to a scotch-filled visit to the infamous bus of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones — not to mention encounters with President Donald Trump. As both a Massachusetts native whose football-rooting loyalties remain with the Patriots and a reporter specializing in politics, Leibovich spent much of the past few years reporting on Brady, on Trump, and on the “uncomfortable” intersection of the president and the Patriots. As a result, some newsworthy details in the book have already been made public — Brady’s dad predicting his son’s career will “end badly” with the Patriots, Trump asking a Times photographer who’s “got a better… Read full this story
- Tom Brady: Patriots need to play with more energy
- Tom Brady can break yet another NFL record Thursday night
- What can Tom Brady teach Patrick Mahomes? Former NFL QBs pick mentors for rising stars
- Tom Brady has 'had enough' of Bill Belichick, new book claims
- New book reveals Tom Brady's reaction to deflategate: 'What the f—?'
- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Not Present At New England Patriots' OTAs
- Patriots' Tom Brady on similar start as Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes: 'Football was different then'
- Tom Brady on NFL retirement: 'I can see the end line now, but I still feel like I have a lot to play for'
- Tom Brady cuts news conference short after Alex Guerrero questions
- Tom Brady: Watching Aaron Rodgers play is 'inspiring'
‘They can do whatever they want’: 6 things we learned about Tom Brady and the Patriots from Mark Leibovich’s new NFL book have 326 words, post on www.boston.com at August 26, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.