Man alive! If there’s one thing ex-Christians in the Unequally Yoked Club know, it’s that our Christian spouses get the worst ever advice about how to handle our deconversions. Of course, the advice they get before then is bad too. It’s really all terrible, and worst of all, it can be easily turned toward abuse. Today, I’ll show you the three worst pieces of advice my Christian then-husband received–and how it backfired dramatically on him. A quick note: I’m well aware that my ex is a dumpster fire of a human being. He fits every single bullet point on checklists for narcissism! Be assured: there’s a happy ending to this tale. Also, I use words like “apparently” a lot here because I don’t 100% know what people were telling him to do. A lot of this came out during arguments, sometimes well after the fact. This post reflects my suspicions.Disastrous Situation #1: A Mismatch in Desires for Parenthood. I met Biff at 17, shortly after leaving Pentecostalism. Later that year, he converted to the same denomination and church I’d left, then talked me into re-joining it with him. We hadn’t been dating very long before he went full-throttle fundamentalist. Even then,… Read full this story
- False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
- The Wild History of Christian Bale's Drastic Movie Transformations
- Sylvia Plath's letters from the brink: They were written to her psychiatrist as her marriage to Ted Hughes imploded amid his infidelity and her 'madness'. Here their daughter describes her tumult of emotions as she read them for first time
- Duck Dynasty star Sadie Robertson shares sweet honeymoon snaps with her new husband Christian Huff
- 18 Worst Skin Care Advice You Should Steer Clear Of
- Christian Game Developers Want to Leave Bad Games Behind
- Did Christian Right Leader Tony Perkins Brush Sexual Assault Under the Rug?
- 'Try not to feel too guilty': Kerry Katona offers friend Katie Price advice following her bankruptcy declaration
- 5 Accepted Pieces of Personal Finance Advice to Ignore
- Breast cancer survivor shares how she saved her marriage while going through treatment
The Worst Advice Biff Got from Christians About Marriage have 348 words, post on www.patheos.com at August 9, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.