Texas has been ground zero for BigLaw expansion for the last few years, and that growing trend is reflected in lawyer counts on Texas Lawyer’s Texas 100, which reports on the 100 firms with the most lawyers in Texas in 2017. Several of the out-of-state firms with Texas offices were among the fastest growing in the Lone Star State in 2017. Separately, a number of mid-sized Texas firms are also posting robust growth, presumably in response to Texas’ competitive legal market. Those trends should only accelerate this year as big firms continue to move into Texas via mergers with BigTex firms, or by opening branch offices and then gobbling up experienced Texas lateral partners, often those working in the energy sector. Winston & Strawn — which has had an office in Houston since 2011 but made a big splash in Dallas in February 2017 when it opened an office with 21 lateral partners from eight firms — grew by 120.5 percent in 2017 in Texas, compared with 2016. The firm had 86 lawyers in Texas in 2017, up from 39 the year before. Kirkland & Ellis, the Chicago-based firm that launched its Houston office in 2014, ballooned to 107 lawyers… Read full this story
- European ‘Big 5’ markets grow in April as SUVs continue dominance
- How does Cole Hamels view his legacy with the Texas Rangers?
- Here’s a look at progress on Globe Life Field and Texas Live!
- 2017 Peugeot 3008
- $70M Texas High School Stadium Under Construction Already Has ‘Greater Than Anticipated’ Cracking
- Texas: Traffic Camera Firm Boosts Anti-Referendum Spending
- First Drive: 2017 Porsche Panamera 4S
- 'Apollo has a product map for the next 10 years for different markets.’
- Why did this football player go from Texas Tech to Texas Wesleyan?
- Groupe Renault sells 1.88 million units in H1 2017, up 10.4%
The Texas Top 100: Firms Moving Into Texas Market Grow Significantly in 2017 have 276 words, post on www.law.com at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.