Movie posters are having a moment. Vintage ones sell online for as high as a thousand pounds, depending on their condition and rarity. Facebook users are chain-tagging their friends to list their favorite movies daily by posting the poster of those movies, exposing us to some great daily eye candy. At the UP Vargas Museum, ongoing until June is a special exhibition of movie posters done by Vic Delotavo, the most prolific movie poster designer in the country who did most of his creations in the 80s and 90s, back when Philippine cinema was producing more than a hundred films a year. This new appreciation for film posters may have been brought about by our unprecedented access to them. Thanks to the Internet, we are exposed to some of the oldest and most iconic examples of this pop culture memento. We realize they are not merely selling tools of movies we love, but are in themselves art works that speak as much of the films they lure us to watch but also the time they represent. But what makes a good movie poster? “Generally, I believe a good movie poster is able to generate interest without giving away too much,”… Read full this story
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Batman and Superman
- Chadwick Boseman: Long Live the King
- Jane Fonda Is a Hard Act to Follow
- FAU:G Team Clarifies About Alleged Association With Sushant; ‘Akshay Kumar Has Been Mentor To nCore'
- FAU:G Team Clarifies Alleged Association With Sushant; ‘Akshay Kumar Has Been Mentor To nCore'
- Another underappreciated part of the USPS? Its exceptional design
The 5 Best Movie Posters, According To 4 of the Best Movie Poster Artists Working Now have 264 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at August 29, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.